Toolkit Texts: Grades 4–5
- Contents and Overview of Texts
- Correlation Chart to Strategies from The Comprehension Toolkit
- Sample Text — "Amazing Antartica"
Students can practice their map-reading skills as, they learn about the coldest, windiest place on Earth.
- Sample Text — "A Magical Pen"
This play whisks us to Monticello, where an elderly Thomas Jefferson is telling the story of the Declaration of Independence to his grandchildren.
- Sample Text — "Rain Forest Hero"
Janine Licare is helping save the rain forest. And she has a web site where readers can learn more and maybe even make a difference themselves.